Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Triangle Peak Loop

The sun lured me out of the house at 8am, and it was a beautiful drive out to the S. Fork of Eagle River. I had never been up to the ridge off of the Eagle and Symphony lakes Trail even though I've passed it many times.

Pretty Mountains

 


The ridge line from the parking lot to the top of Triangle peak was about 9 miles long and I had almost every type of weather along the way. It is beautiful.

Cantata Peak

 


My Shadow Looking out to Eagle and Symphony Lake

 


I love the lakes back in this valley, the colors are so vibrant and each lake is a different color. From Triangle peak I went down past Emerald lake and got on the valley trail that took the low route back to the parking lot.

Emerald Symphony and Eagle Lakes

 
Posted by Picasa


Me with Eagle Lake and Peak

 
Posted by Picasa



I only took a small camel back, minimal clothes and no gourmet food. It wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be, but I was still having a hard time maintaining my trotting pace on the way out. I pretty much got totally worked and am looking forward to going and doing it again.

Slide Show!



T.7.5:D.18:EG.7500

1 comment:

ginnylynnpeterson said...

T.7.5:D.18:EG.7500 ??!!!!!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK????? And what the F. am i thinking about meeting up with you?!?!?????