Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lake Agnes, The Big Beehive and Lake Louise

Lynn and I woke up in Lake Louise to a dull over cast day that smelled of fresh rain fallen, and more on the way. We decided to keep it super mellow and took a handicap accessible trail that went to Lake Agnes and the Big Beehive above Lake Louise itself.

Off the trail right on the rim of a mountain bowl is Lake Agnes, and an old tea house. I've never seen so many pesky rodents around one tea house, and here Lynn educated me on Chipmunks, squirrels and picas. We don't have chipmunks in AK, and I'm not a 100% sure if we have the same big eared picas either.

Its a Chipmunk, Not a Squirrel

 


Lake Agnes

 


Lynn Heading up to the Big Beehive

 

At the base of Lake Louise sits the Chateau, a big huge hotel with rooms starting at $500 a night. Super pretty spot to be rich for sure!!!

Lake Louise with the 'Chateau'

 
Posted by Picasa

Slide Show!
Pics by Lynn and I

No comments: