Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gold Cord Lake

I haven't been up to Gold Cord Lake for years, and yesterday I was looking for a mellow day where I could sit in the sun and finish my book. I was surprised to find that the trail up there has been completely redone, and its really nice.

Me with the Trail

 


I brought my packraft because I could. I thought it would be a good idea to sit in the center of the lake and read my book. All was going according to plan until the thunder started to boom, and shortly after the hail began to fall. I paddled to shore as fast as I could and set my boat up above my head propped up on the paddle. It was a great little shelter...after the storm blew through I went back out onto the lake. The water is crystal clear until it becomes to deep and then it turns into a deep blue color.

Gold Cord Lake

 



 
Posted by Picasa


Hiding from the Hail

 

No comments: