Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Beautiful Spring Tour

Yesterday morning I went and did the Dew Mound loop in Eagle River with Lynn. It felt like summer. I was hot, wore a tank top, and almost lost my shoe in the mud. Afterward I went to work for a few hours and when I got off it was just too beautiful to sit inside...so I went to my favorite local ski area, Arctic Valley.

I set off with grand ambitions, but those dissipated as the snow around me became more isothermic than it had been the day before, and I realized that maybe my body was tired from running even if my head wasn't satisfied.

I ended up settling for a trip up to Rendevous Peak. The views from there were worth the hour cimb. This is a good look down a valley that I would like to spend a lot more time in this summer.

South Fork of Eagle River



What can I say...its mid May, great time to make snow men!



The Lovely Sleeping Lady


No comments: