Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Matanuska Glacier

I have to say that I have a pretty cool job working for The Ascending Path. I've been wanting to check out the Matanuska glacier for a while now, and so I was pretty psyched to be able to take clients climbing up there. It has changed SO much since the last time I was out there. The lateral morraines are sqeezing the white out of the glacier. There is a rock band that I had never seen before, and the lake that has been in front of the first ice fall for years is gone. I love glaciers, I find them incredibly fascinating, so it was a treat to be able to have fun at work!

Standard Self Portrait

 


Clients with the Ice Fall in the Background

 


I also have to say what I love about The Ascending Path is the small groups. Its just such a more personal day when I only have 3 clients. I get to know all of them, get to talk in a normal voice instead of trying to project to a big audience, and it also gives me and them more flexibility with the day.

A Huge Group...glad that wasn't me!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

It's been about ten years since I've seen that glacier (or any glacier for that matter).

Seeing all your mountain, snow, ice and glacier pics makes me kinda nostalgic. Not homesick, but definitely nostalgic.

cheers from Oz,
dave