Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hillside Pillars

Lynn, Ryan, and I have been watching the Hillside Pillars slowly grow over the last month, and yesterday we decided to go check them out. The river crossing was super straight forward and easy. The first pitch was in great and had minimal snow. The weather was partly clear and very calm. The snow was light and fluffy, and there is only a mini cornice hanging above the climbs.

Ry Approaching the Upper Pillars

 



Ry and Lynn standing Below the Left Pillar

 


Ry won the rosh on the left pillar, and got to do a super fun and spicy lead. He managed it in fine style.

Ry at Leading the Left Pillar

 


I got the default lead on the Right pillar. I kinda wanted to lead the proud chandliered line, but wasn't feeling it, so went for the thicker left line, with the obligatory rock wedge. We toproped the middle line afterward, and I was so glad I didn't lead it, I think I probably would have cried. It was wicked steep, and the pro would have been very difficult to manage. Maybe next week!

Ry Cleaning the Right Pillar

 
Posted by Picasa


All in all a fantastic day out with two of my favorite people, on my favorite climb.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I'm new to town and am looking for people to do fun outdoors things with. I would love it if you and your friends could teach me some about these great places to play. Would mind dropping me an email?

Thanks!
Brad.... bradley0128@hotmail.com