Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ice Pixies Climbing Bridal Veil Falls

Although I was a little cranky waking up Friday morning, I soon got over it as I looked up at the beaming sun, bluebird skies, and felt a noteable lack of breeze through my hair. Valdez is a notoriously cold, windy, and snowy place. This might have been the best possible day on Bridal Veil. Lynn, Sue, Tonya and I, split up into two rope teams at the bottom, and everyone led a pitch or two.

Bridal Veil

 


The Killer Pillar was pretty sun baked and rotten this year. There was one groove of ice that was hanging on to the far left. It was a fun pitch with lots of good stems and fun moves.

Tonya and Sue below the Killer Pillar

 


It was so warm and sunny up there it was hard not to be lackadaisical at the belays. I could of sat up there in the sun admiring the beautiful view all day.

Lynn, Sue, Tonya, and I at the Anchor Above the Killer Pillar

 


It was pretty funny in retrospect when I rapped into the belay cave I accidentally came over a little to far to the lookers left and ended up hanging in space a bit away from the ice in a downpour from the daggers above. I had to fish out my tool, and swing into the ice, to hook it and pull myself in....oops!

Lynn Rapping into the Belay Cave at the Top of the First Pitch

 
Posted by Picasa

Ice Pixies Climbing Bridalveil 2008_03_14

No comments: