Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Bye Valdez

After a wild night, everyone slept in and woke up with varying degrees of debilitation. I felt good until I moved, and then I felt like vomitting. Yuck! I really wanted to climb Keystone Greensteps on the way out of town...it looked so beautiful, but my body just wouldn't let me. It was pretty grim. I wasn't even going to stop and climb unless Kremer and the rest of the ladies were already there. I thought about doing Piece of Shit, just because thats how I felt....but Kremer was there, and tantalizing me with the prospect of winning a new rope by doing the speed climbing comp. At first I though speed climbing with a hangover...that doesn't sound good, but then she said if I puked I could subtract 7 secs from my time....that seemed more fair!

 


I didn't puke though, won a new rope (1:42) and ended up climbing a few more lines, laughing with the ladies, and then it was time to say good bye to a beautiful weekend....now I'm in lecture listening to facts about COPD and other chronic obstructive lung disorders, but my mind is still in Valdez.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: