Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple Twist of Fate

Bill and I pulled into Keystone canyon at about 1:30, plenty of time to get some climbing in. We debated laps on Piece of Shit, but in the end decided to go across the road to Simple Twist of Fate.

We roshed at the bottom of the first pitch and I won. Then I got scared, I haven't had a lot of confidence building pitches this winter. It looked easy, but I knew it wasn't. I gave the lead back to Billmier before I even racked up. I hate it when I do that.

Top of the First Pitch

 

The climb was definitely longer than it looked. I thought it was one 60m pitch, but it was a 70m pitch to a depression, couldn't quite call it a ledge, then another 100 feet to the top right. It was super fun climbing, sustained but not vertical, except a few spots. Bill cruised it in fine style.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: