Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Day with the Burly Crew

The original plan was for Jon, Tonya and I to go climbing in Eagle river, then Tonya bailed, then Jon invited Ryan, and Ryan invited Sam. So by random chance I ended up being the only person under 6 feet tall in the car....it was a little intimidating.

Luckily for me the route we were doing is pretty laid back. It was in a little different than usual this year, despite the cold temps there were a lot of open patches of water in the gullet covered by snow, and the steps were more anemic than usual.

We belayed one pitch in the picture below. I think Sam used maybe 3 screws, I said I needed at least 10. Ryan and Jon climbed on the other side and we had a pow wow at the top.

 


Turns out we all were either indecisive or leaning toward bailing, and once that talk got started the snow gully ahead seemed much less appealing.

 


So back down we went.

 



 
Posted by Picasa


I'm bummed I didn't get more pictures because this is a super pretty climb, but it was too cold and we were moving fast. Awesome day out with fine company.

1 comment:

AlpineEssence said...

Ay thanks for posting from that day Sherrie. It was a fun day out and I have no regrets for not going postholing for another thousand feet...at least we got the good ice and had a good day out together!