Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Bomber Traverse

Betsy, George Anne and I were all super psyched to head out of Anchorage and into Hatcher Pass to do the Bomber Traverse. It was nice and crisp as we made our way down the Mint valley. I was surprised at how brown it was up there, on Pioneer Peak everything was still golden yellows, reds, and oranges...it was lovely...It was still lovely up there, just a shade closer to winter.. : )

The Mountaineering Club of Alaska has done a lot of work on the Mint Hut and even put in a composting toilet...its pretty luxurious really...and the views are awesome.

The Mint Hut

 


From the Mint Hut we headed up valley and then were in the boulder fields. I love how many big rocks there are up there. Its so fun to kind of hop, slide, and dance my way through them, sometimes big ones move...but it keeps the walking interesting.

George Anne in Rock Land

 
Posted by Picasa


Crossing the First Glacier

 


Unexpected Crevasses Sightings

 


The Upper Reed Lake

 
Posted by Picasa


Slide Show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. You are wonderwoman. I only wish I could get out as much as you. I live through your blog.