Monday, April 6, 2009

Afternoon at the Hillside Pillars

I've been to busy lately to sneak out for a full day of climbing, but I have been making the most of the late afternoons. The climbing is pretty amazing right now.

I was happy to see that an avalanche has come down the gully that the pillars are in, that means there's less hanging above!

Heading up the Debris Pile



Ryan Heading Toward the Pillars



I have to say that I was a little surprised when I asked Lynn and Ry if they were ready to rosh, and Lynn stepped up. I wasn't surprised when fate delivered her the lead. She climbs so hard, and tends to lead way under her climbing ability. She totally rocked this lead. It was impressive. The climbing was a little thin at the bottom and steep at the top, by far her best lead of the season. Go Lynn!

Lynn Rapping Her Awesome Line

Certain aspects of the mountains in Hatcher pass were coated with the volcanic ash from Redoubt. The light wasn't great, but the picture below was the best I could capture!

Ash Covered Mountains

Posted by Picasa
When we got back to the car someone had left Lynn a message on her car, a little raunchy, but we still all had to laugh.




No comments: