Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resort Skiing at Whistler Blackcomb

The Whistler Blackcomb ski area is almost incomprehensibly huge. There are 37 lifts that can move up to 60,000 people an hour. I've never skied outside of Alaska, and it was pretty shocking all the terrain that was open at a resort.

Lynn, Ryan and I

 


We took three different lifts to reach the top of the mountain.


 


The coolest lift was the Peak to Peak gondola. It stretched 2.3 miles across the valley and connected Blackcomb mountain to Whistler mountain midway. It was amazing.

 


Between Lynn, Ryan and I, we managed to convince Andrew to try skiing instead of snow boarding. Ryan gave him a tough love lesson, it just reminded me that I'm so glad I learned how to ski when I was young and falling was less painful.

 


The weather was not ideal while we were there. It rained a lot, snowed a little, and the mountains were mostly obscured the whole time we were there.

 


Lynn also got a tough love lesson from Ryan...

Lynn and I

 
Posted by Picasa


All in all it was super fun and I'm glad I got to experience mega resort style skiing. Thanks to Lynn and Andrew for making it possible, I never would have made it without them!

No comments: