Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Willow Creek: Branching Out

After quite a bit of confusion on my part as to how we would drive from Hatcher Pass to Willow in 5 minutes after floating 9 miles I finally got on the program. Its unfortunate that I did not know there was a Wasilla Fishhook rd, Willow Fishhook rd, and a Palmer Fishhook road. In retrospect I knew where all these roads were, just didn't remember they all had the same fishhook part in their name...thought there was only that one in Wasilla....but anyways...

Krista, Matt, and I put in on the Willow creek in a muggy mist. The river was crystal clear with huge red salmon easily visible, Matt is a fishing expert, and he told me they were kings....I believe him, they were huge, RED and entertaining to float next too, over and with.

Krista on the Beach

 
Posted by Picasa


The river was super mellow, lower than usual I think, but still plenty of water to not do any dragging ass. We accidentally took a narrow but deep channel off the main river, no waves, but some pretty good practice maneuvering around steep corners and in between narrower areas...

I want to say it took about 3 1/2 hours, but we did it pretty leisurely. Super mellow, but pretty.

No comments: